Sunday 15 January 2017

I Broke the Spell


I broke the spell that held me long,
The dear, dear witchery of song.
I said, the poet’s idle lore
Shall waste my prime of years no more,
For Poetry, though heavenly born,
Consorts with poverty and scorn.

I broke the spell–nor deemed its power
Could fetter me another hour.
Ah, thoughtless! how could I forget
Its causes were around me yet?
For wheresoe’er I looked, the while,
Was Nature’s everlasting smile.

Still came and lingered on my sight
Of flowers and streams the bloom and light,
And glory of the stars and sun; –
And these and poetry are one.
They, ere the world had held me long,
Recalled me to the love of song.


“I Broke the Spell That Held Me Long” by William Cullen Bryant

Details:

Shoes: Empire: Alchemic, Luxe box January
Hair: Lamb: Widowspeak, Luxe box January
Top: Foxes: Luxe box outfit, January
Tattoo: Nanika: Mehendi henna tattoo, Cosmetic Faire gift
Nails: Kokolores: Light Nude Nails, Omega, Cosmetic Faire
Pants: MayCreations: mesh laced pants, black leather (older mesh, try demo!)
Skin: Pumec: Exclusive skin gift, Catwa applier, The Crossroads
Eyes: Lotus: Starry eyes, Brown, The Chapter Four gift

Pose: Highway65: Model Collection 9
Location: Maymay Matova's Art Island
Maymay has a Special Exhibit at Galleria Kakku currently, until end of February. She also has a shop at Whispering Hearts, near the exhibit, and a regular booth  at the gallery.
Windlight: Annyka's Soft Lavender Day

No comments:

Post a Comment